Monday, December 12, 2016

Reflective Post EME2040



Taking EME2040 Introduction To Technology For Educators has open up my mind to a new world for teaching. Maybe the schools in Florida are different than New York or they may have more funding but, I never knew there was so much technology available and in use in the classrooms today. I am also became aware of how open minded todays education is about integrating classrooms with technology. 

One assignment for the discussion post number three has given me an interest in teaching students who have disability. I am currently seeking classes on learning sign language. I didn't know of SMART Boards before taking this class and it is a great tool to use for all students including special needs. I learned because of this class how to teach students with specials needs by using research and videos provided in the modules. It really touched my heart. 

As this course is not on campus it is hard to learn how to use a SMART Board. I would love to learn how to use this tool because of the interactions and features amazed in videos and in person when observing classes in schools. Would love to see how this class can have a mini lesson on how to use a SMART Board not just about the cool features.

Another module that touched my heart was the legal and ethical issues. Both videos about bullying and cyber bullying pulled on my heart strings and has me considering middle schools and high schools as a grade. I want to help put a stop to bullying and have my students know they are amazing students. I want to be their safe zone and show them they can come to me if they need or see bullying activity. By doing that I can save someones life and build their character. 

I have to say the best part of this class is I learned to blog and build a website. I can have all the information and tools the parents need to help their children with their homework. I can also build my site so it has the class lessons available to my students. I had so much fun building my site I wish I had more time to put more stuff on there. The possibilities are endless. 

The blogging assignments were interesting and at first difficult because I did not know how to blog. Eventually I did learn and started to get the hang of it. My only recommendation is for the final 2-3 optional blog assignments were needed however if 2-3 were not done then it is not optional if it is required for the website.  

I know as a teacher I will be using SMART Boards and a website. I would also use apps like Class Dojo. I will invite parents to be more interactive with me via technology and will find ways to reach out to them in what ever media they feel comfortable in. Being a teacher to me is like being in a candy store and getting to pick and chose what you need to get your students the tools they need to learn and find love in learning, and to have parents more involved so their children love to learn. 

I don't want to be negative but technology has changed so much and I think having more updated videos on how the teachers are integrating technology in their classrooms now would be great. I found some videos dated especially with the huge color Macs from the earlier technology days.


References


Canate, K. (2016). REFLECT. Retrieved 12 December, from http://www.wordclouds.com


Learning with interactive whiteboards [Video file]. (2009). Retrieved October 30, 2016, from http://fod.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=95547&xtid=41131



No comments:

Post a Comment